Main picture

Main picture

Mission Home Address

Hungary Mission Home Address

Sister Teagen Schnoor
Hungary Budapest Mission
Budapest
Hajnóczy József Utca 14
1122
Hungary

Sunday 20 July 2014

July 14, 2014

 Out for lunch after our zone conference in Pécs.
We love Sister Bagossi from Cardston, Alberta!
So it was all sunny and we were sitting on a bench waiting for the bus when I felt a rain drop.
It wasn’t 10 seconds later that it was pouring!!! Wow, I’ve never seen rain come like that ever!
I didn’t bring an umbrella, because it was nice and sunny! Sister Butterfield 
knows what it’s like
here though so she had one and was nice enough to share!
 
We were both completely soaked on half of us! haha When we got under cover, I literally rang out my shirt! 






Hey hey hey!!! So not much time again today! (oh and before I forget, my Pday next week will be Tuesday! Just because of transfers!
This week was super busy, so it flew by! We went up to Pécs this week for zone conference. Pécs is one of the most beautiful cities in Hungary, it was stunning! All of the buildings are so beautiful. We all went out to lunch after and then back to Dunaújváros :)
We tracted a ton this week, (like normal) a lot harder to find people home in the summer. Yesterday we tracted for hours and only one man let us in. He was sorta crazy, drug addict, and hates “the Mormons”, said we’re welcome to come back anytime though because he is always alone... uh, no thanks mister crazy man! Sometimes it’s tough when you work hard all day and there isn’t one person that we talked to.
We went to Judit's this week again for pizza though! I love her, she is hilarious! Her son is the one who knows all the English from grand theft auto, haha he just whips is out all the time too! This time his Mom started telling a story and he looks at me and says “just shoot me in the face.” In English! haha I died laughing! Sooo unexpected! haha Then later he says “what the freaking time is it?” haha I can’t explain it, but when everyone is speaking Hungarian and then a random sentence like that comes out in English, ugh, all us missionaries could not stop laughing!
We also went over to our first member family for dinner this week! The Váciék family. It was amazing food, mexican penne, it tasted like your good Mexican at home Momma! They pulled up google earth and wanted to see Canada! I put in Hill Spring and went to our house on the street view. Ok, i know it was only a picture, but it was so good to see home again! haha I’m so weird I know, but it’s the truth! I took them on a little tour of Hill Spring, haha I love little Hill Spring so much! I miss it and all of the people there, haha I felt so proud showing it all off, including our tiny little post office!
This week it was rainy a lot, there has been some crazy thunder storms! I love it! Tuesday, it was sunny and we were sitting on a bench waiting for the bus when I felt a rain drop. It wasn’t 10 seconds later that it was pouring!!! Wow, I’ve never seen rain come like that ever! I didn’t bring an umbrella, because it was nice and sunny! Sister Butterfield knows what it’s like here though, so she had one and was nice enough to share! We were both completely soaked on half of us! haha when we got under the cover I literally rang out my shirt and a puddle of water was on the floor! When we got to Moriká's house (a recent convert) we were almost an hour late. She was so panicky about how we were going to catch a cold when she saw how wet we were! She ran and brought us clean clothes to wear and demanded that we changed right then and there! haha She is so cute! Since we were an hour late, she had to go somewhere, but she waited till we were changed, brought us a blanket and put on lunch for us, and left us alone in her house to eat while she ran her errand. It was the best Hungarian I’ve had yet! I don’t know the name, but it was sooo good! A tomato base, with rice and paprika (of course) and meatball type things, but so much better and then you put it on the really good bakery buns. So good! When she came back I taught her the restoration, huge help when I know Sister Butterfield is there to help me out if I have no idea how to say something. I can finally teach the first lesson by myself though! Its super super simple, but I can do it! :) Morika is so great!
I was told from so many people before I came on my mission how hard it would be here in Hungary. They were right, it’s tough, but I think every mission is tough, just for different reasons. I was told how “hard” the people are here, but I have met some of the most genuine, loving, selfless people here. They live in tiny 3 bedroom apartments, but once they let you in, they offer you food or something to drink and lots of times somewhere to sleep if you need it! They would give you their shirt off their back if you asked for it. I love the people here. How lucky are we to live where we do and be blessed with all that we have!
This week I had a dream that I needed emergency surgery. I was being sent home and would come back in 2 months, I was so happy in my dream!!! I know that sounds awful, but I wasn’t so happy to be coming home, but I was so happy that I could put my mission on hold, learn the language in those 2 months and then come back and not have wasted that time on my mission trying to learn! Ah, I don’t actually want to do that. I would love to see everyone of course, but I’m not done my mission yet, I still have sooo much to do here! I love my mission so much! The language is tough, but even trying to learn this language is teaching me so much!
Guess what? This week I’ll hit my 4 month mark! How nuts is that?!
Sounds like a great week! I love when all the fam jam is together! So so many changes though!! Whew literally every one of the kids is going through a big change! Crazzzy! Wow, so soon that those little babes will be here!
I love you all sooooo much!
Thanks again for all of the emails and letters!
Xoxox love you!
Sister Schnoor





No comments:

Post a Comment