Main picture

Main picture

Mission Home Address

Hungary Mission Home Address

Sister Teagen Schnoor
Hungary Budapest Mission
Budapest
Hajnóczy József Utca 14
1122
Hungary

Wednesday 16 April 2014

April 16, 2014

 There's tons of beautiful flowers growing everywhere!

 The cute little dragon that artistic Elder Oaks made.

 The rain was from their Temple walk on Sunday! These are the Noverek from the other 
Hungarian district! She loves them and says they are all sweethearts! :)

So apparantly "doutang" has become a daily joke in her district! haha


Teagen's Letter April 16, 2014

Family!!! This week was another great one!!! :) It went by even faster than the others. I have a feeling I’m going to be saying that each week though! A MONTH?! What the what??! NO way jose! It’s so exciting, but it is actually so terrifying!!! haha That means I am half done with the time for learning a language!!!
Wow! I got so many letters this week! I’m feeling so so loved!!! I got 6 Dear Elders and then 8 emails! I love everyone! I loved hearing about what’s going on in everyone’s lives! I’m sad that I couldn’t be there for Emily’s baby gender reveal party, but it sounds like a hoot! It made me not feel like I was missing out too much since she already told me though!! haha I loved that! Oh and I am also so relieved that there was pink icing in there and that Ryan does indeed like girls! Whew, that was a close one Emmy! haha I can finally talk about it on here!!! A GIRL! AND A BOY!!!!!! Janae, you are so right, how lucky are we?! I already cannot wait to snuggle them up! Oh my, I’m already dying for pictures!!!! Ryan’s Dad sounds like the cutest little kid with his dance!  I would have loved to have seen Dad take a huge bite into that cupcake, haha I can picture everyone else but him! Did he swallow it after or just spit it out?? hahaha Just kidding! I love him!
I just read your last email and loved hearing about Robson blessing the sacrament, oh my goodness!!!! So adorable! I loved reading Justin’s letter too!!
Blake’s tonsils are out?!? WOOO!!! hahaha Mel- when I read about him eating crunchy food, I instantly went back to the motor home when all of us girls were actually terrified of Blake while he was “crunchy” haha he is such a dork. I love him!
Remember that one time we were working out like Diane Wolff does and you just took off up the stairs Mom? haha I think of our funny family memories all of the time! Oh and thank you so so much for keeping up with my blog!
Janae- Dad would be so proud of you for your pirates movies lately! haha and tell Dad that I will for sure make up for mowing the grass when I’m home! And Brayden no, I haven’t felt the cell phone YET, but every other missionary that I talk to has! I really tried to adjust to that before I came! 
Tell Dad that I am indeed taking a vitamin everyday and that I’m still sticking to salads everyday! The food really isn’t too bad, but it just gets a little old when you eat it everyday I guess. Oh and I think I have eaten my body weight in peanut butter.. haha I know it’s not healthy but I’m addicted! Every day I have banana and peanut putter with sliced almonds. I’m a little worried I’ll have withdrawals when I go to Hungary as we hear they don’t have any peanut butter over there!!!! 
Oh and I print off the emails on Wednesday mornings at 8:00! So if you can, write them before then so I can print them off!! 
Yes, it is beautiful down here!!! I’ll send you some pictures home from the spring down here! You would loooove it! Flowers everywhere! The campus really is beautiful!! I just wish I could be outside in it more! Tell Mel to tell me more about Brandon. I love hearing about other missionaries in the field, I’m sorta feeling like the MTC is my mission, haha but I do love it here! 
Ok so I feel like not much happened this week that was much different from last. Crazy that what I do is now considered 'normal' haha but the highlight was for sure yesterday!!! So I got all of the Dear Elders, and I was waiting for our devotional to start. So I started reading them and was reading Brayden’s when he was asking about devotionals and if I had seen any apostles yet... welllllll, not even 10 mins. later Neil L. Anderson walked in!!!!!!!!! When he walked in, it was the same thing as when Elder Holland came in. You could just feel the Spirit of the Lord with him! Amazing! I was sitting 3rd row. He did it way different than I was expecting though. The entire time he had missionaries get up and share scriptures on the great sermons Christ taught. I got some great study material from it, but I only have about a paragraph of notes from what he actually said! haha I loved it though. The Elder right in front of me shared a scripture, so my face was on the huge screen for a solid 30 seconds... which was a long time for me just sorta awkwardly staring at him.. haha they were broadcasting it to every MTC in the world live and over 15,000 people where watching! I was a little red to say the least!  Oh and this Sunday is Easter.... so I was told that Elder Holland is coming!!!!!! My friend! haha I feel like we’re great buddies now. How amazing would that be?? 2 apostles in a week!! I’m so spoiled! Devotionals have got to be my favorite days, they just get me so so pumped up for the rest of the week and so excited to get to Hungary!!! Oh and I was going to join the choir, but I go early to devotionals, and I have absolutely loved sitting so close when speakers come!! So I think I’ll try it for a few days, but when some one big comes, I think I’ll just sit at the front still haha!
Dear Elder me everyone’s addresses please!!!! Can you send one in a separate one with all the addresses and the important dates?? haha Birthdays, anniversaries etc?? I don’t want to forget anything! I also have more time to write letters than emails, so that way I can comment on some things going on with all of the kids! So that would be so great! Thank you!!  I am really needing some shoes too! The ones that I got before will work, but they are taking forever to break in! They are fine everywhere but dig in really bad on the top of my heels. I’m working them each night though, so they will get there! I have worn my white ones almost every day! So glad I brought them! 
Oh and the funny language stories for this week: I actually didn’t say anything too bad this week! I of course messed up words, but didn’t say funny sentences! haha but my roomie did! At TRC she said that she loved Pres. Uchtdorf’s talk about death... instead of gratitude! haha It’s halal and halan, so they are super close!!! And then my companion asked them " so according to you, what do you think that you like to do?" haha I was trying so hard not to laugh. Then right after that, we asked them to pray and they said “Please bless Williamson Nover and Shnook Nover! I was sweating I was trying so hard to keep it in!! haha Then I thought of Mel saying 'think of dead puppies' it just got worse and worse! I did it though! haha I kept it in! 
There are so many funny moments here! I wish I could just call you and tell you right after any of them happen! I am doing great, the language is still just as hard, but its getting closer! They just keep adding grammar rules each day, so it literally gets more and more complicated each day! haha
I feel like I don’t tell you enough, but I have such a testimony of this Gospel. I have taken it so for granted that I have known this my entire life! There are people in Hungary who have no idea though, that breaks my heart! I honestly just want to stop everyone I see and tell them about it! I want everyone to have a chance to hear it! I am scared that I’m leaving in a month, but I couldn’t be more excited too! 
Give the family all of my love!!! Please know how much I love you all! 
I love you too Anya! (Momma)
xoxoxo 
Stay safe, stay strong, can’t wait for next Wednesday!!
Szentlelek!! (I love you!)
Schnoor Nover 


No comments:

Post a Comment