Main picture

Main picture

Mission Home Address

Hungary Mission Home Address

Sister Teagen Schnoor
Hungary Budapest Mission
Budapest
Hajnóczy József Utca 14
1122
Hungary

Friday 13 June 2014

June 10, 2014


More graffiti!


This week when we were tracting, we found a broken out hole onto the roof... so of course
 we went through it! haha Still don't know how we fit through, but so cool to look over the city, 
for sure a different perspective than down on the street looking up!





I don't think you can see, but this spider was huuuuuge! 
I had an Elder take the pic for me, I wasn't getting close to it!!



The other church in Duna! (prob the prettiest building here)



No lack of the essentials here!


For P-day, we went down to the Duna. There are a 
bunch of really cool statues and nice paths 
to walk on. We went with the Elders. It was soooo hot though!
 






This week was great! I melted though! Haha It was sooo hot! Wow, I don't know how I'm going to make it through the summer! Everyone says that you will never sweat like you do here! Everyone we talked to is literally wiping their face with a handkerchief every few minutes just with how much they are sweating! I love the heat, but it just sticks to you with all of the humidity here! I am for sure going shopping for some cooler clothes! Yesterday for P-day, we went down to the Duna. There are a bunch of really cool statues and nice paths to walk on. We went with the Elders, it was soooo hot though! We had to walk up so many stairs, we didn't talk for a good ten mins. After we got to the top, I honestly thought I was going to pass out! My head started spinning and it was black all around my vision. To look at everyone else they all were feeling the same! haha We were a pretty funny sight I think!

This week we got bus passes! It has been a huge help not needing to walk everywhere! So we take the bus to church now and to any investigators that live far away. I walk so much here! It's great, helps me work off all of this great bread! When we were walking a younger guy called out to us, we just naturally ignored it and kept walking, but he ran after us and kept calling! We turned to talk to him and he asked if we remembered him and that he knew us.. which there was no way since we're new here! haha He then got all serious and said I gotta be honest with you, then in English said "gypsy". "Gypsy king" vagyok! (I'm the gypsy king) haha sooo hard not to laugh! He then said, "oh sorry, it's just that you're looking at me so cute!"... we were looking everywhere BUT at him. Oh boy! That conversation didn't last long! Love all of the different type of people that live here in Duna!

The language is still so hard! I'm trying though. This week we went to get ice cream while we were streeting. I thought ok, just ice cream, I can at least order on my own! Well, I walked to the counter and said "I'm searching for a small caramel ice cream!" haha The lady just smiled, trying not to laugh and gave it to me. Sister Butterfield told me after what I said! haha The words for "I ask" and "I'm searching" are just too close! 
Oh, and another embarassing story for me! We were tracting and lots of times people just ask who it is through the door without opening it, so Sister Butterfield said "A Nevem Butterfield Nővér", but they didn't hear so she said it about 4 times. They finally opened and said "what??" but then slammed it before she had a chance to answer when she saw who we were! We get that a lot here. Makes it interesting when we go tracting for sure! We don't get discouraged when someone slams the door though, we just know they aren't ready yet to hear our message and move onto the next. Well anyways!!! I moved onto the next door and when he answered the first thing I said was "A Nevem Butterfield Nőv.... uh Schnoor, A Nevem Schnoor Nővér"!! haha sooo funny! I just burst out laughing! The guy invited us in from it though! haha So I guess it worked! We had a great talk all about reincarnation!

Another man let us in. He said he used to be religious, but isn't anymore. We started asking him about what he thinks will happen after this life. He said that his church believes that there are three glories, Celestial, Telestial, and Terrestrial. I asked what church he belonged to and he looks at my name badge and said "Yours!!!" hahaha Sooo funny! He hasn't been to church for about 20 years now. He showed us some pictures of when he was baptised and it was so sad to see the difference in his life and to see how happy he was then and how happy he is now.

We met another man named István (really common name here). He started crying and said that his Mom had just passed away. He had her bed all made up with her teddy bears all set up. When we told him about the plan of salvation he was so interested and just kept looking at her bed. With all of the families living together in one apartment it seems like it makes it so much harder on them when one of their family members passes on. I know that it is the same hurt for us, but it does make it more difficult when they would be with them everyday and such a huge part of their lives. I love the hope and the promise that the Gospel brings. How lucky are we to know that it's not really the end??

When we went to János this week we talked about the atonement and how when we're baptized it's like a new birth for us. He told us that he wants to be baptised! We were so happy for him! The problem is that he still doesn't want to go to church. He said he decided that day to keep every commandments,.. EXCEPT going to church haha. So, we still have a ways to go with him, but so happy about his desire and that he finally realizes how important that it is for him!

Teri said that she would come to church with us, but when we went to her house in the morning to pick her up, there was a note that said she is in the hospital. I think for her husband, we're going to her house again today, praying everything is going good for her still.

We met with József for the first time. He didn't have much time, but we brought a Book of Mormon for him and he was so grateful for it and said how nice it was of us. He is going to read the whole thing and then wants to meet with us again when he is done to talk about it. SOOO cool! We didn't even ask him to read it yet! Then on our way out the door he asked where our church was and that he is coming to chuch this Sunday... what?? We hadn't even mentioned church! It was amazing how willing he was with everything!! He smokes about 4 cigarettes each lesson, so that will for sure be something in the future, but so so so excited for him! He said he wants to meet in a few weeks when he finishes, but I know that if he starts reading he will want to meet sooner to talk about about it! So excited for him and what he is going to find when he starts reading!

We now have 12 investigators! Some I'm not sure how serious they each are about it all, but some are definitely interested! Meeting with Krisztián tonight. He couldn't make it last time! its been so tough to not have anything to go off. We literally didn't know one person when we got here and just picked a building and started knocking! It's been so amazing the things that have happened so that we can find these people!

I love the Book of Mormon! I love that I can give it to the people here. I know it's true. I'm half way through Doctrine and Covenants. I haven't read the whole thing through in so long, I love doing that! I get so many different things out of it when I read it that way! There is no way anyone can read it, and pray about it with faith and not receive an answer. There is no possible way that they couldn't know that it's true! Love this Gospel. I love being a missionary! :)

Mom & Dad, it sounds like you have had a pretty tough week! Don't like hearing that at all!! Awe, I can just imagine you both sick in Kali! Glad Dad finally got some relax reading time in though. I know him though and even if you were sick but at home you probably would have still worked just as hard! Mom, I want to see those dresses! Yhey sound super cute!! Yay for tires too! haha Remember that one time we were coming back from Kalispell and we had all of those tires strapped to the roof??? haha that was hilarious! We were packed like sardines in there! With Dad packing though, he probably could have fit a few more people too!

I loooooved looking at all of the pictures!!!! hahaha Dad with the shovel!!!! I died!! I see the redneck genius is still at it! 
The zoo looks so so so fun too!! The girl’s with their bellies are just getting bigger and bigger! I can't wait to see what they will look like in a few more months! They look so darn cute with their preggo bellies!!! I don't think we have ever done that pose so good with the elephant before! Jay's tights are so dang cute too! When are their exact due dates again?? I want to make a count down for it!  
How was everyone's birthdays?! I love the big combined party every year at the zoo & Peter's! So fun! Awe, the family looks so great!!!
haha It looks like Dad is roaring in the second picture!!! haha I love you Dad! Looks like so much fun! haha Mom, I can just picture you laughing at all of the little meerkats perfectly! Love all of these pictures! 
Oh, and Mel dyed her hair?! Looks sooo good!! That girl can pull off anything I swear! haha, I saw a little penguin stuffed animal and it made me think of Mel and how much she loves them!  
Awe and so so so happy for Jaycie and the Temple, I couldn’t be happier! When are they going to be sealed? Do they know the date yet?
YAAAAY FOR BRAYDEN!!!!!! hahah I loooove that pic of Brayden and Janae!! haha I can just see them fist pumping perfectly! haha you did it Brayd!!! And I must say, he looks rather handsome in a cap and gown! Yay and happpppy birthday again!!!!
Awe, Dad is just so darn handsome! ... Sisters at the MTC thought he was my brother... haha awkward. Looking so good Dad! 
Awe....Broooooke! Oh I miss her! I can hear her laugh perfectly!
If it doesn't cost too much, I would love love to get some scrapbook paper! Everyone does memory books here that other missionaries write in and decorate and I would love some cute bright paper to decorate it with! 

I love you so so much Mom and Dad. I couldn't be blessed more than to have you as my parents. Your emails are such a help to me! I love reading them so much! I want to print everyone's letters all off when I'm home and put them in my memory book! haha Mom, you already have me thinking about my missionary book we can make when I'm home! It's forever away, I know that... but I'm already excited to make it!! haha What Dad said in his letter for sure made me blink back some tears. Haven't cried yet since I've been here though. I for sure can feel the strength of all of the prayers, it's amazing to me. What he said was so sweet though.. and made me laugh so hard hah. Dad, next time I will for sure break out the kung fu on him! 

Awe...family, I love each one of you so much! Can't wait to hug you all again! Haha Take care of yourselves ok?? I miss you all! I think about you a lot and I'm praying for you everyday!

All of my love,
Schnoor Nővér

No comments:

Post a Comment